Buying a Youth Lacrosse Stick
Today, there are unfortunately more bad youth lacrosse sticks than good youth lacrosse sticks, with few manufacturers putting a valid effort into their youth lacrosse sticks. When buying a youth lacrosse stick, you want to look for a quality strung pocket, a full size lacrosse head with an adapter for a youth sized shaft, a good warranty length, and an affordable price.
Youth Lacrosse Stick Rules & Certifications
- Boys youth lacrosse players are allowed to use NFHS Certified Lacrosse Heads or Universally Certified Lacrosse Heads.
- Boys youth lacrosse players are not allowed to use NCAA Certified Lacrosse Heads.
- The length of a youth lacrosse players stick including both the lacrosse head and lacrosse shaft in the measurement must be between 36′ and 42′ in total.
Youth Lacrosse Stick Good to knows
Youth Lacrosse Players will typically buy a lacrosse stick that’s complete, rather than a separate lacrosse head, shaft, mesh, ext. This is because while an intermediate or advance player has an understanding of the parts of a lacrosse stick, while new players just need something to start learning. A complete youth lacrosse stick allows players to jump right into playing lacrosse and begin with everything they need.
Best Boys Youth Lacrosse Sticks
Not all lacrosse sticks are made to perform! Instead of including multiple options for youth lacrosse players, we decided to keep it simple by including only our top 3 picks!
1. Signature Boy’s Junior Lacrosse Stick
- Price – $40.00 USD with Amazon Prime Shipping and Free Returns!
- Shaft Details – The Signature Player is a Youth Sized Shaft with adapter for a full size head which is made out of Aerospace 7001 Series Aluminum..
- Head Details – Signature Contract full size men’s lacrosse head
- Stringing Details – Magik Lacrosse Mesh
- Warranty – Lifetime Warranty
- Rating – 5/5
2. StringKing Complete 2 Junior
- Price – $69.00 USD and Free Shipping
- Shaft Details – A7150 Jr. lacrosse shaft narrower and lighter than their traditional sized shaft.
- Head Details – Mark Jr. lacrosse head slightly wider than their Mark 1 lacrosse head.
- Stringing Details – StringKing Type 3s
- Warranty – 6 Month Warranty
- Rating – 4/5
Youth Lacrosse Stick FAQ
How to buy a youth lacrosse stick?
There are two options a new lacrosse player can take when buying their first stick. Youth players can either buy a complete lacrosse stick or buy each part of a lacrosse stick separately.